Re: Structural Engineering Compensation

Stan,
I don't think that anything I said was remotely "mean spirited", if you do,
sorry you feel that way. I also think you missed he point of my question.

As to this email, I don't think value is relative. Lawyers are not worth
more than Structural Engineers, yet on average they are compensated much
better. I don't even know you and I'll guarantee you that your contribution
to society is greater than that of Michael Jackson! Yet he makes far more
than you. The same can be said of many, many other "professions";
stockbroker,
mechanic,
news anchor,
doctor,
etc.

I was simply looking for insight as to why this is the case.

Steve Strapac, P.E>