Re: Rigid Diaphragm Analysis

Seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> This poses a number of problems that need a
> resolution and I don't feel that working through the code cycle will provide
> an expedient solution.
>
> I think we need some constructive opinions as what steps we need to take
> between now and July <SNIP>

Dennis:

What about getting ICBO staff to publish an interpretation in Building Standards
Magazine on the issue?
Most building officials will accept such a statement.  The question might simply
be:  Does Section 1630.10 apply to buildings having a lateral system consisting
of wood diaphragms and shear walls that comply with Section 2315?

I believe wood frame buildings (wood shear walls and diaphragms) should always
qualify as "flexible"
When we consider wood diaphragms combined with non wood elements (frames or
concrete walls) then I think we need to be more careful.

Bob Bossi