Re: Structural Engineering Compensation

Stan Caldwell wrote:

Since posting my thoughts on structural engineering compensation earlier
this week, I have started receiving increasingly mean-spirited private
emails from Steve Strapac.  He, and probably some others, have apparently
 missed the main theme of my previous post.  Here is a very brief summary of
my primary point, presented in a different way.

Stan,

I enjoyed and concur with your earlier reply regarding compensation. In
fact, I enjoyed your summary so much I forwarded the message to some of my
closest friends who, though not all engineers, can appreciate your comments
regardless of profession.

I cannot agree with your opinions regarding Hockey, but then that's a
subject for a different day.

One of the great joys I derive from this list is the free exchange of ideas
and information from such an obviously diverse cross section of my peers.  I
equally enjoy the fervent and vociferous manner in which these ideas are
presented and defended.

What I cannot fathom is why someone would feel the need to leave this
marvelously open forum to mount a personal and private attack on an
individual for contributing their ideas.

If you disagree with a posting on the list, well alright then...Let's hear
your opinion and the supporting arguments.  But let us keep the debate in
the forum where it belongs and our manner within the realm of
professionalism.

Paul Feather PE
San Diego, CA