Re: Hockeytown South

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] Welllll. you are ALL entitled to your "opinions"--but the Ducks have the best looking uniforms and the cutest movies!  They may not be in "Hockeytown-Anywhere, USA", but they are close to Disneyland (the real one--not the 'knock off').

audra ranous (who admires 'team' spirit' and good fashion sense)

TBenson(--nospam--at)lowney.com wrote:

WARNING!:  This response has little to do with structural engineering.

I just want to point out that Detroit is approximately at 42 degrees north
latitude, and that there are parts of Canada (e.g. Windsor) south of Detroit.
Everyone knows that Motown is "Hockeytown North" (and everyone knows that the
Red Wings will win).  But I wanted to correct someone's previous statement.
For the record, Los Angeles is Hockeytown South, where "The Great One" once
roamed, where we have 2 NHL teams, and where we have a new arena under
construction.  I am glad to see that Texans are beginning to realize that hockey
is the only true sport, but they have a long way to go before they become
"Hockeytown South."  The ice melts too fast there.

These comments are from someone born in Kingsville, TX, raised in Birmingham, MI
and lives in Pasadena, CA.  Do you detect any bias?

Please excuse the impertinence on a Friday afternoon, while the Stanley Cup
gleams in the light.   Back to work.