FW: Retrofitting[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAOC" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: FW: Retrofitting
- From: "jose mendez" <pecms(--nospam--at)atenas.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 17:35:23 -0400
From: jose mendez [mailto:pecms(--nospam--at)atenas.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 1999 7:16 PM
I will be involved in preparing contract documents (plans and specs) for retrofitting various R/C buildings built in the 50's and 60's. Mainly the buildings are single and two stories school buildings approximately 25 ft x 100 ft+ in plan. There are no record dwgs.
In general the approach I'll be using is to provide new shear walls to restrain the frames in both directions and to provide foundation struts. The shear walls will be concealed within new office space; closets, etc. to be built.
Any idea, suggestion, past experience comment, remarks, dwg detail, reference, etc. is appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Jose M. Mendez, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Retrofit
- Next by Subject: Revised SEAINT Online PDF file
- Previous by thread: RE: Rigid vs Flexible Diaphragms - Some
- Next by thread: rigid wood diaphragms ?????