Re: Ron .....Rigid Diaphragm Analysis

>If I remember correctly, the 1985 UBC had the same or similar language (I
do
>not have the 1985 UBC handy). Regardless, it's been widely accepted and
>presumed that wood diaphragms were to be regarded as flexible up until the
>rigid vs. flexible wood diaphragm issue came about (I don't know how it
>started).

If you go back to the email archives in August 1998, there are several
discussions that followed the SEAONC fall seminar when Ed Deikmann commented
that this section of the code will be a real big hit for the attornies who
are looking for litigation ammunition for projects coming that are coming up
on their statute of limitations.

Jeff Smith