1997 Building drift limits

I am concerned with the building drift limits of .025h per the 1997 UBC.
This is 5 times more drift than allowed by the 1994 UBC.  Designers and
engineers who engineer cladding systems such as windows, curtainwall, stone,
precast, signs etc.  are presented with serious problems with trying to deal
with this much drift.  I would like to hear from other listeners who are
scratching there heads on how to make attachments to buildings that drift
this much.

Jim Sadler