Footing Soil Design Momemt

Hello fellow engineers all over the world !!  I  would like to know if
I'm O.K. in the design moment for checking the footing soil pressure.
Once we have the results of the computer (or hand) analysis, the moment
of this result can be reduced by an amount equal to the product of the
axial load "P" times the half of the trial lenght of the footing (in the
direction of the moment of course), i.e.: Msoil = Mresult - P(L)/2  ??
Thank you very much for your contributions.

                                           Wladimir Bassett A.