Re: 1997 Building drift limits

Thanks Allen for your response to my building drift question..  The elastic
drift (delta s) is as you say the Inelastic Response Displacement (delta M)
divided by )  0.7R.  The problem I see is that section 1630.10.1 Story Drift
Limitation says that "story drifts shall be computed using the Maximium
Inelastic Response Displacement (delta M)".  I am afraid that this will be
interpreted as drift that the building cladding system will need to be
designed  for.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again

Jim Sadler