Re: 30,000 foot Skyscraper.. .......!!!!!!

If it is going to have to be presurized anyway, and with all the problems
of lifting material to the top,  extreme stress from loads, collisions with
aeorplanes etc, why not just go all the way and make it fully pressurised
and build it in orbit around the earth. A lot less material will need to be
lifted a lot further.

The only out of the ordinary stresses we will have to worry about are for
pressurisation, no earthquakes, no hurricanes, no tornados and  no
collisions with aeroplanes, just satellites, meteors etc. No elevators as
everyone will be able to jump up and down froor levels and it could be
fully solar powered. Not even any rigid/flexible wood diaphragms to worry
about.

Access may be a slight problem. maybe we would have to double its size and
have everyone living in it permanently. Add some hydrponics for food and
who needs earth and its problems. We will just have to make sure that all
of the Bills in powerful places  (people whose names start with William but
not including Bill P) plus Sadam and Milosovic, Charlton Heston and a few
more zealots cannot get access.

Regards  Gil Brock
Prestressed Concrete Design Consultants Pty. Ltd.
Ph +61 7 3807 8022		Fax +61 7 3807 8422
email:	gil(--nospam--at)rapt.pcdc.com.au
webpage:	http://www.home.aone.net.au/rapt.pcdc/