Re: Need sample of Rigid Diaphragm Analysis

Hello Mr Wish. I have had a similar desire to secure such examples.  Most
examples treated by design books/guidelines list regular, box buildings with no
variable roof/floor elevations, no diaphragm openings adjacent to the lateral
resisting elements, no re-entry corners, etc.  If appropriate, would you please
consider sharing some of the material you may receive with me.

Also, thanks for your continual effort to clarify the Rigid/flexible Diaphragm
analysis issues.  Since most of our design work does not include wood
structures, we are not always aware how some code provisions may impact wood
structures.

Regards,
ed gonzalez

>>> <Seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com> 04/29/99 07:10PM >>>
________________
Dennis S. Wish PE
seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com

Can anyone supply me with a project they may have done that uses Rigid
Diaphragm analysis for an irregular shaped structure with various changes in
the roof diaphragm. It would help to have other types of discontinuities such
as cut-outs and cantilevers.
A multistory example will provide more help.
I am having trouble learning the process and would like to follow someone
elses examples to learn to do this as well as to help me create a model for a
spreadsheet template.
Please notify me privately and I will provide you with my fax number.

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Dennis Wish PE