RE: Gas Prices?!

I'll tell you what. Let's do a little thought-problem here.

First, understand that I don't live in California, I live in Texas. Gas
prices here are about $1.05 or so for regular unleaded.

Why do you suppose that is?  What could account for the difference?

Here's a little hint: Instead of worrying about the few cents from each
gallon of gasoline that Chevron and friends make, how about a concern for
the more than FORTY CENTS PER GALLON that are taken up in federal and state
(and possibly, local) taxes!

If the feds, the state of California (or wherever), and anyone else with
their tax-finger in the pie would back off, the gas prices wouldn't BE where
they are now!

Instead of punishing the shareholders of Chevron, who are honest citizens
like yourself, why not begin holding our tax-and-spend President, congress,
governor(s) and legislator(s) accountable for THEIR share of this misery?

The reason that our taxes are too high, IMO, is there are too many IDIOTS
running around like this guy, trying to point the finger of blame in every
direction but where it belongs. I understand it is probably because he/she
is a product of government schooling, as are the majority of the electorate,
but perhaps the rest of us, who can actually think for ourselves, won't be
so easily taken in.