RE: 1920's 9 story concrete frame building

1:2:4 mix = 1 part cement : 2 parts fine aggregate :  4 parts coarse
aggregate (all by volume);  from "Practical Structural Design" by
McCullough, 3 ed., 1927.  Average strength of 1:2:4 limestone aggregate mix
= 2505 psi (varies from 2206 to 2708), 1:2:4 sandstone mix averaged 1620
psi;  from "Concrete Engineers' Handbook" by Hool & Johnson.  Seems that
1500 to 2000 psi was often used as design compressive strength for hard rock
aggregate concrete.  Obviously testing would be required to determine actual
compressive strength.

Ed Marshall, PE