Re: CE News needs your opinion

Greetings from the Midwest!  I am doing some preliminary research for a
client who will be developing a specifying tool for the construction
industry.  Along with others, Structural Engineers are a large part of their
market.  Since you seem to be very knowledgeable of this profession, will
you be so
kind as to answer a couple of questions for me?  I would certainly
appreciate it, and I hope that you will be a member of our assessment forum
as we proceed with this project.

1)  Do you have an estimate of how many Structural Engineers are registered
in North America? Globally?
2)  How many are in private consultative practices;  How many in
architectural firms?
3)  Is there a specialized degree or designation for those specializing in
steel-framed structures? What percentage of the SE population are these?
3)  Do you have an estimate of how many have internet access?

In trying to develop a truly appropriate tool for your industry, we
initially need to determine basic parameters.  We are hoping that you can
assist us in making this determination.  Thank you for your consideration.

Suzanne Warden
three + associates...connected by design.
swarden(--nospam--at)threemail.com
513.621.8100