RE: Gas Prices?!

Actually, there is more to the story;

1.) Earlier this year gas WAS $0.99 in Northern California, at Arco,
despite our taxes.
1a.) Currently the range is $1.30-$1.67 in ONE block, from Redding
Petroleum to Shell.
2.) Arco buys its gas for Northern California stations from Shell, which
has a refinery here.
Arco is 10-25% cheaper. Same gas.
3.) After witnessing the Cheveron explosion in Richmond, I watched gas
station attendants raise the prices  $0.30, and more, after normal business
hours when they normally alter the prices.
3a.) If this were an OPEC related rise, the rest of the country would have
experienced an equal-percentage rise in price. This has not happened,
disproving the OPEC theory.
4.) The CEO of Chevron was interviewed on the local news and said that, why
yes, profits are way up, thank you very much!
4a.) Early on, increased prices were blamed directly on the explosion.
5.) The "sludge" referred to in earlier posts is actually just pure
gasoline without the "chemistry package" as it is referred to in the
industry.
5a.)Don't fill up during or right after the tanker refills the underground
tanks, they kick up debris/deposits from all underground tanks
6.)Bill, it isn't the taxes per se, it is the fact that California cannot
import gas from other states, thanks to our asinine legislature. Gas can't
be trucked in from anywhere else, like it can in every other. (Milk is the
same way - it has to be "fortified"!) If California didn't have this
artificial monopoly, we'd all be better off.

Steve Strapac
P.S. Buy from Redding Petroleum