From: John Woodson +ADw-jwoods+AEA-avanti-stl.com+AD4-
To: seaint+AEA-seaint.org +ADw-seaint+AEA-seaint.org+AD4-
Date: Friday, May 14, 1999 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: 30+ADs- 000 foot Skyscraper.. .......+ACEAIQAhACEAIQAh-

+AD4- Extend your building on out into space so that a good portion of the mass
+AD4-is acted on by the centrifical force of the earths rotation.  You will of
+AD4-course need an extensive computer controlled thruster system to normalize
+AD4-drift during jet stream and storm activity etc...  You will need to build
+AD4-your structure at or near the equator.  The building columns would then be
+AD4-in tension.  I haven't really run any numbers but I doubt if materials with
+AD4-adequate tensile strength have been invented yet. The foundation will need
+AD4-to be anchored several miles into the earths crust.  This new building can
+AD4-now be used as a docking link to outerspace.  If you would like I can be
+AD4-retained to do the design concept for .005+ACU- of construction cost which I
+AD4-estimate to be about 40.0 x 10 to the 12th (trillion) dollars.  Making the
+AD4-engineering concept fee 20 billion dollars.  The hard part will be getting
+AD4-that first cable into space but thats the contractors problem, means and
+AD4-methods you know.  (The above idea comes from a Sci-fi book I read years
+AD4-ago.  The author and book name escapes me.)