Re: Construction Joints

A clarification in my first response is necessary..........If the
construction joint in the beam is centered over the column then that
might be OK to transfer the shear since the beam is bearing on 1/2 the
column, but it is normally very difficult to do because of the
reinforcing congestion at that location. I had assumed that you were
talking about locating a construction joint at the face of the column
which is obviously more critical.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.