Re: The Top Six Reasons Computers are Female

At 04:21 PM 5/11/99 PDT, you wrote:
>The Top Six Reasons Computers are Female
>6. As soon as you have one, a better one is just around the corner.
>5. No one but the creator understands the internal logic.
>4. Even your smallest mistakes are immediately committed to memory for
future reference.
>3. The native language used to communicate with other computers is
incomprehensible to everyone else.
>2. The message "Bad Command or File Name" is about as informative as "If
you don't know why I'm mad at you, then I'm certainly not going to tell you".

>AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON COMPUTERS ARE FEMALE: 1. As soon as you make a
commitment to one, you find yourself spending half of your paycheck on
accessories for it!

>And - on a serious note -

On a serious note, why do we continually have to put up with this kind of
!?#$.  I don't think of myself as a feminist, just an engineer, but I was
offended by this.  Maybe Mr. (or Ms.?) Gordin should post his jokes to
personal friends and not on this site.

Sorry, I just had to respond.
Debby Hight
Triad/Holmes Assoc.