RE: Live Load Distribution to Spandrel Girder vs. Effective Flange Width

What I don't understand is: the girder you're concerned is parallel to the ribs, right?  And the ribs are in turn supported by a transverse girder, am I correct?

So, if the girders (the parallel) are monolithical with the slab and they are much stiffer than the ribs, then the joists (=ribs, right?) aren't even aware of the presence of the slab and the load.  That's why I wouldn't count on the joist carrying much of the load.

Rodrigo Lema.-