RE: Ron Gallagher and Diplomacy[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Ron Gallagher and Diplomacy
- From: "Rodrigo Lema" <rlema(--nospam--at)arnet.com.ar>
- Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 13:47:48 -0300
"Hmmmm .... Bad ethics ???.. Ethics can be personal, biased, unbiased, or
whatever a person decides to think and express privately or publically about
any subject matter under the sun... "
Ethics comes from ethos (gr. for behaviour), so what you understand by ethics is just what the society (which develops in given place and time) think it is. But ethics can't be personal. And you bet ethics aren't biased according to the moral values of the society at the time.
500 years after we may think what the Spanish did in America was horrible. But back then, many of them thought they were doing what was right. That's the problem with history, you can't judge it.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Ron Gallagher and Diplomacy
- Next by Subject: Ron Gallagher's Comments in SEAOC Plan Review
- Previous by thread: Re: Ron Gallagher and Diplomacy
- Next by thread: RE: Footing Soil Design Moment