Re: The Top Five Reasons Computers are Male

At 01:34 16.5.1999 EDT, you wrote:
>This is only half the joke.  I saw it a few months ago and the other half
>related to--guess--the male gender, and was just as, um, interesting.
>Unfortunately I didn't save it....
>
>Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
>Richmond CA

I also saw it a few months ago, and fortunately I kept it, here it goes:

HOWEVER, another group of computer scientists (all female) think that
computers should be referred to as if they were male. Their reasons
follow:

 1. They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.

 2. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they
    ARE the problem.

 3. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a
    little longer you could have obtained a better model.

 4. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.

 5. Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.

Funny that this part was left out, right girls?!

Gudrun Olafsdottir
Reykjavik, Iceland