RE: CE's and SE's on Philippine setting

I would agree with what Churchill said regarding the CE and SE in the
Philippines. Graduates of Civil Engineering are required to take first the
Board Exams before they can rightfully call themselves Civil Engineers. Upon
graduation, if they decide to go into structural engineering consultancy,
they have the right to call themselves structural engineers. Membership in
the Association of Structural Engineers of the Philippines or ASEP is not
the only factor for calling one's self a structural engineer. It is more of
the profession  that one conducts or practices. Nobody limits anybody from
calling himself a structural engineer as long as he or she practices it.

Here in our country, a  registered civil engineer can sign a structural plan
even if he did not design it personally and that can be approved by the
building official.

There are no licensed Structural Engineers . All civil engineers can become
structural engineers.