From: Paul Feather [mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)san.rr.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 1999 10:24 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: CE News needs your opinion

Stan Caldwell wrote:

You should also be aware of the following (mostly) monthly publications:

Structure (SEI, CASE, and NCSEA)
Modern Steel Construction (AISC)
Concrete International (ACI)
Journal of Structural Engineering (SEI)
Journal of Bridge Engineering (SEI)
Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction (SEI)
Engineering Journal (AISC)
Structural Journal (ACI)
Materials Journal (ACI)
PCI Journal (PCI)
SEAINT Online (SEAINT)
etc., etc. (there are many others)

Now then, after digesting this list, if you still wish to publish a free magazine for structural engineers, please add my name to your subscription list!

Best regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.

Stan, the only difference as I see it is that every one of the magazines you have listed, with the shining exception of Modern Steel (and Seaint Online), are not free to the subscribers.

I think the running total to stay abreast of current developments by subscribing to the technical journals only is around four hundred dollars a year.

The various institutes and societies need to support themselves and cover the cost of publication, I know, but the biggest service to our profession they could offer would be to make the JOURNALS more affordable.

And don't even get me started on the average cost for a continuing education seminar!

Paul Feather P.E.