Alternates to AutoCad (Linux, Windows, M

For Linux and Mac people seeking an alternate to AutoCad, check out LinuxCad
(www.softwareforge.com/linuxcad/).  Unfortunately there is no trial or demo
version available.  Linux version is $99, Mac version ~$120.

Unfortunately, it appears to have a GUI interface, which is not for me, and I
am trying to find out if the GUI can be turned off or eliminated completely
so that there is a nice clean screen --- No borders, No icons, just a nice
clean screen and a command line area.

{Other Linux Cad sites are:

VariCAD (for Linux and Windows 95/98) www.varicad.com
Varkon (for Linux [free] and Windows 95/NT [$895]) www.microform.se}