Re: CE News needs your opinion

I've refrained from comment until now. I am concerned that the majority of
those on the list do not see the potential for SEAINT to act as a "HUB" and
access to any and all information that each of you would be happy to receive.
Granted, Online is not the same type of journal as the others mentioned (and
I do appreciate those of you who added Online to your list of available
structural engineering journals). However, Online represents a philosophy
intended to unite professional organizations with the purpose of making
information readily accessible to the subscriber - who in this case never
pays a price for the service.

I would hope that some of you who responded would suggest that another
structural engineering journal would be useful in electronic format where we
can obtain the information easily and have the ability to archive and
retrieve it for later consideration.

There are many journals out there and each focuses on very special areas.
Few, other than Online, focus on the individual engineers or on the Virtual
tools that a professional Internet presence hopes to achieve.

Please don't misunderstand my intention here - I just feel that many of you
would be best to devote a few minutes a week writting letters or emails
urging your local professional organizations to work with SEAINT and help
bring the profession closer together. At the same time, it will make
information easier for you to obtain.

CE News has been an industry leader in journals for Civil Engineers and I
would not doubt Terry Stringers capabilities of creating a Structural
Engineering journal that would be of value to all of us.

DEnnis S. Wish PE
Editor SEAINT Online

In a message dated 5/17/99 7:09:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,