Re: 1997 UBC How to request a REVISION

Dennis wrote:

"On another side issue, wouldn't it be great if, rather than publishing and
mailing drafts of the IBC, they could be available for download in PDF format?

These are some of the changes in the way we work that should be easy to
accomplish. The IBC as other drafts are created electronically by word
processors. For less than $300.00 the committees can purchase Adobe Acrobat
and simply send the file to the acrobat printer rather than a hard printer.
Very easy, very low cost and very accessible.

This is one simple suggestion that would make it easier for members or
interested professionals to obtain drafts for comment.

All it takes is a little cooperation with SEAINT."

Excellent suggestion Dennis.

I think this should be part of the future of code development process. It
would make it possible for all interested parties to get involved in code
development, instead of the few people who can afford to attend the code
development hearings. ICBO has some very smart and progressive thinking
people working for it and I hope you get a positive response to your
recommendation.

Ben Yousefi