I use STAAD3 for most of my design computations for
frames, beams, columns.
Now I had to analyze a dual system for a 4-storey frame. I am confused
the results of STAAD specifically the walls. I inputted the command
Element Forces". I also specified to print the element forces at the
nodes.It does print the stresses and the forces but at what point are the
"Print Element Forces" prints element forces at
the center of the element. Fxy represents shear force.
It prints the Fx , Fy and Fxy. Are these local or
global forces? And what is Fxy? The manual does not say what these forces
are nor do they specify the directions. Any help would be highly appreciated.
CE / SE
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org