Re: MaxBeam, MaxQuake, MaxWind

I may have been caught up in my own rhetoric myself. I think we agree on
responsibilities of software developers and those of the engineering
profession.

>The reason is that the public is simply ignorant of the professional
>responsiblities and why not?
That's the reason that the learned professions are registered. The free
market isn't going to help you pick out an open heart surgeon or a
lawyer--you'll only know you hired a quack when you're dead or in jail.

>I believe that incompetence should be captured at the plan review stage and
>steps should be taken to prevent those who abuse the priviledge from
>practicing until they become competent.
This put a helluva burden on plan checkers--like giving QA people the
right to recommend firing someone who makes a mistake.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw