Re: Bridge Girders with lead.

Dear jose mendez -

The method you're referring to is vacuum blasting.  Other methods for
localized removal include vacuum-shrouded power tool cleaning, or
chemical stripping.  All of them can be quite effective for the removal
of the paint prior to torch cutting and welding.  The methods are
summarized and individually rated in the Industrial Lead Paint Removal
Handbook, SSPC Publication 93-02.  Contact me directly at
ktrimber(--nospam--at)kta.com and provide your fax number - I can send you some
information.  Regards, Ken Trimber