Icad 98, Dimensioning

I'm using Icad 98, service release "E".

Yesterday I used the "CH" command to add notation to a dimension.  To the
left of the dimension in the dialog box were the characters "\A1;".

When I checked some other dimensions, the same characters were there.

Coincidentally (I hope), immediately after I blew those characters away, I
had a serious "crash".  My machine wouldn't even reboot; the gdi.exe file
had vanished.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Another complicating factor, I was also listening to some audio over the
internet at the same time, so I'm not sure of the culprit.  But I'd like to
avoid that happening again.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561