RE: Strange stuff that I don't understand.

I'm not sure I understand.

Is there no contact that is possible with the Building Official's office?

If I were you, I'd check into the possibility of giving an "anonymous" tip.
The responsibility for checking it out would then rest with the B.O.

Or am I missing something?