Second Attempt

Several days ago, I posted a simple request asking for comments and
recommendations on some structural engineering programs that I was
considering purchasing.  The programs are MaxBeam, MaxQuake, and MaxWind by
Archforms, Ltd. of Portola Valley, California.

Dennis Wish responded with his recollections of a brief trial a couple of
years ago.  The thread was then "hijacked" by Christopher Wright (and
others).  It has subsequently grown into a wordy and repetitive discussion
of engineering knowledge and qualifications, the importance of first
principles, etc.

Returning to my original questions:

Does anyone actually use this software?

Would you recommend it?

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Hockeytown South

Note to those of you in Hockeytown North:

I now feel somewhat prophetic in stating two weeks ago that the Redwings
must survive the Avalanche!