Students - Would you find a Listservice Useful?

I work with local students from High School and Community College students
(we don't have a local University yet, but a Cal State is under
construction). It occured to me while I was answering questions of a group of
first year Architecture/Technology students that a Listservice might be
useful where students can discuss issues in a peer setting - related to their
major. I would like to see this open to Engineering and Polytechnic students
who are more likely to have an interest in structures. However, I think that
it might be equally important for architectural students who need advice in
structures.  I don't know if any other Listservice exists for students to
unite and possible you can let me know of any that exist.

I'm not suggesting that practicing engineers avail themselves to solving
student's problems. Rather, I see this as an opportunity - like a study
group, where students can meet and discuss problems and possible solutions. I
for one, would be willing to devote a small amount of time to checking in on
the discussions and to see if I can be of any help or direct students in a
productive direction.

If you are a student and interested in having a list devoted to your use -
please email me directly at:

seaintonln(--nospam--at)aol.com

If enough of you are interested, I will make sure this happens. I would also
appreciate any help from students and organizations that might be able to
spread the word from campus to campus - possibly through student memberships
in SEA or ASCE.

Dennis S. Wish PE
Editor SEAINT Online