Re: RE: Strange stuff that I don't understand.

In a message dated 5/18/99 10:58:42 AM, polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net writes:
> your obligation to protect the health and safety of
>the public under the rules of engineering ethics takes precedence even
>over the risk of losing this client for future work.

Okay, we're all going to ride around like a posse, reporting every building
that we think doesn't stand up to our standards of Engineering Thoroughness
and Acceptability, right?  Seems like we wouldn't have the time to do our own
work.  I realize that if "the sky is falling" or "the theater is on fire" we
have to do something--just as if there is "imminent danger" to the occupants.
 But just because we see a building that we feel is seriously structurally
deficient are we going to run up a red flag.  Frankly I see a couple dozen of
those every day--sometimes occupied by a building department.

Just a thought, as someone said.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA