RE: Strange stuff that I don't understand.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest something highly controversial.

When you know of such an engineer, and such a given instance, you threaten
to report him to the Board. Ethically, I think we need to possess cojones
enough to go to the guy and let him know that we are intending to do so.

A discussion may ensue here on the ramifications of this, but I think we are
ethically bound to report structural engineers who are practicing
substandard engineering.