Twisters - Thank You

I wanted take this opportunity to that thank all of the community that
responded so quickly and generously to my request for forms and input with
regard to the tornado outbreak in OKC on May 3, 1999.  I wanted to
especially thank Audra & Rick Ranous, Roger Turk, Harold Sprague, James
Cohen, Fred Turner, Dave Messsinger, and Dave Puskas.

I have taken the information that I received from all of you and created a
formed which worked for a damage assessment in this situation.  A safety
assessment would have to be revised to something similar to the ATC20 form
due to the immediate nature of the situation when structural assessments are
needed for an immediate 'yes' or 'no' as to whether a structure can be
inhabited or put back into use, shoring required, 'get out now' etc..  This
is different than the evaluation of a structure as to 'what do we need to do
to make this safe for the life of the structure' for an insurance company,
client or owner scenario.  Anyway, I learn every day and thank God that no
more people were hurt or killed.  If this had happened anytime after
midnight or so, a majority of the 10,000 +/-homeowners would have been
asleep and unaware of what was headed there way.

Thanks again,

Blake Haley, P.E.
White Engineering Associates, Inc.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma