Offer to Younger members

Younger Members, SEAOC WANTS YOU?

To attend our annual convention at the DoubleTree Resort in Santa Barbara Sept. 30 - Oct. 3.  (Because we know you'll find it beneficial!)

And knowing that money talks?

We've established a poster board competition for current SEAOC members under 35 years of age.
Any interesting or informative structural engineering project, whether in the design stage, under construction, or already built.

One younger member from SEAONC, SEAOCC, SEAOSD and SEAOSC plus six at-large members will be awarded $400 towards their accommodations at the DoubleTree Resort in Santa Barbara. Simply submit an abstract of 300 words or less and a sketch of the poster board layout on or before June 15 to Tom Harris, 1999 SEAOC Convention, Younger Members Grant Program, 1000, Business Center Circle, Ste. 100, Thousand Oaks, CA  91320. Phone: 805-499-4484; Fax: 805-499-7303. Email:
harrisengr(--nospam--at)aol.com.

The abstracts and sketches will be reviewed by the Younger Members Grant Program Committee; awardees will be notified by July 15 regarding acceptance. Detailed instructions for the completion of the poster boards will be sent to prospective awardees with the acceptance notice.