Vlookup function for EXCEL97 -Reply

RE:
>I have also tried having the
>adjacent cell, D13, read: If(C13=#N/A,"Check Shape Size"," ") but what it
>returns is the value #N/A.  Any quick suggestions?

Have you tried 'N/A,"N/A, or ^NA instead of #NA?

>>> Eddie Gonzalez <Eagonzal(--nospam--at)ENG.CI.LA.CA.US> 05/20/99 02:51pm

Hello, need some feedback on use of Vlookup.

C12: W12x26
C13: +Vlookup(C12,Wshapes,42,False)

Problem:  I want C13 to flag a message when Vlookup returns "#N/A"
because it
could not find the shape such as, "Check Shape Size".  I have tried using
nested "IF" function but doesn't seem to work.  I have also tried having
the
adjacent cell, D13, read: If(C13=#N/A,"Check Shape Size"," ") but what it
returns is the value #N/A.  Any quick suggestions?

Perhaps I should be sending this request to the new listserver, but I
cannot
join it yet since our network setup has a problem with the word "Admin"
at the
begining of an address.

Regards,
ed gonzalez