RE: Strange stuff that I don't understand.

In California we are mandated by law to review the structural aspects of the
building in detail. This is mainly due to earthquakes. It is also the
practice in other West Coast states such as Washington and Oregon.

In San Jose, we have a staff of approximately 20 engineers in the building
department, all of whom are degreed and licensed. The majority have masters,
3 have PHD's and 9 are SE's. This is typical in the major cities in
California such as Los Angeles and San Diego.