RE: Strange stuff that I don't understand.

It was stated that  " There are also provisions against false acusations
and defamation of other engineers, ..."

I agree that the best first step is to deal with the issue in a
non-threatening manner.  But when that dosen't work you are often protected
from liability if you bring the issue to the attention of the building
official.  As I understand it comunication with the building official is a
form of protected speech.  Having done that I would not mention the issue
to anybody else without the advice of a lawyer.

Mark Gilligan