RE: Question on RAM International Software

The RAM Structural System is primary a design program not an analysis
program.

RAM Steel (includes the Beam and Column modules) are for the layout and
design of gravity framing.  It will assume simply support beams.

RAM Frame is for design of lateral systems (braced bays and momemt frames).
I do not believe that you can introduce springs into the model.  When doing
moment frames it will assume fully rigid connections.

I am not sure if this helps or not...I may not have understood the question.

Scott

Scott E. Maxwell, P.E.
Structural Engineer

SHG Inc.
500 Griswold Street, Suite 200
Detroit, MI  48226

Phone: (313) 442-8253       Fax: (313) 983-3636       Email:
smaxwell(--nospam--at)dt.smithgroup.com