New Survey - Please participate

Shafat wrote:

. > Please participate in our new ONE question survey at our web site at:

. > http://www.seaint.org

. > If an engineer observes an unsafe structure and choose NOT to report it
. > to the authorities, should that engineer be prosecuted?

. > Please go to <http://www.seaint.org/>our web site and let us know.

"Prosecuted?"  Prosecuted by whom and for what crime?  Would it be a felony
or a misdemeanor?  Would the engineer be subject to life imprisonment or the
gas chamber?  Does the "3-strikes" law apply?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona