RE: Vlookup function for EXCEL97

Ed,

Try using the following in the adjacent cell:

if(error.type(C13)=7,"Check Shape Size"," ")

instead of what you tried...If(C13=#N/A,"Check Shape Size"," ")

The 7 represents the "error value" return by the ERROR.TYPE function for the
error #N/A.

You can get more info by looking up the ERROR.TYPE function in Excel help.

Another thing that you might want to consider is making use of a pull-down
menu in the sheet.  You can set it up to list all the shapes...then the user
can pick it and the spreadsheet can pull-in the data by a VLOOKUP or such.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Scott E. Maxwell, P.E.
Structural Engineer

SHG Inc.
500 Griswold Street, Suite 200
Detroit, MI  48226

Phone: (313) 442-8253       Fax: (313) 983-3636       Email:
smaxwell(--nospam--at)dt.smithgroup.com