Students - Would you find a Listservice Useful?

Dennis,

Just reviewing some listserver posts, you might be interested to know that
I read your mind two weeks ago.

10 days ago I gave a presentation to the Architectural Engineering Students
at SLO (ArcE) and met with some of the faculity, these students are the
only SEAOC Student Chapter, they are starting a web site in the Fall.
After these faculity discussions I have proposed to the SEAOSC Board to add
to the SEAInt website a "Mentoring" page, for use of the students, younger
members and University faculity members.

We will also be starting a "Technical" page in the next several months on
the SEAInt website.  This page will provide on a rotating basis technical
papers and articles from many sources.  I have requested that the SEAOC
Board allow the inclusion of present and past SEAOC Convention Proceedings
to be included.  The plan is to archive the articles/papers for searches
similar to the list server archives.

I have already contacted several authors about specific papers or series of
papers for article versions of these interesting papers, including
references to the full paper.  The rotation appears at this time to be
about 2 weeks per paper or article.

I will include your suggestion about the new listservice at the next board
meeting.

Please note new email address, old active during transition.

Williston "Bill" L. Warren, IV - S.E.
Newport Beach, California