Re: NCEES Registration

My associate tried to obtain reciprocity in Illinois for structural
engineering and was denied because he only has the equivalent of a PE license
in California. Here is the requirement of registration in CA.
8 Hours EIT
8 Hours CE (PE)
16 Hours SE

According to your letter, Illinois only required
8 Hours EIT
4 Hours SE to be qualified.

I don't understand why Illinois is so strict on reciprosity when they are not
as strict on licensing requirments in their own states?

Could this simply be a bureaucratic hitch based on the lack of understanding
by those who approve reciprocal licenses and have not understanding of the
qualifications that each title represents?

Dennis S. Wish PE

In a message dated 5/23/99 5:59:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,