Re: Charles Greenlaw Response to

Rick Ranous,

Wihout trying to be quarrelsome, I read your May 23, 1999, 7:57 PM Pacific
Daylight Time Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org posting and I get a "mixed" message.  Did you
make a mistake in what your wrote?

[R.R.]  "I too must agree with Bill. My experience with FEMA is that they
like to profess that there (sic) publications "ARE THE CONCENSUS OF THE
ENGINEERING PROFESSION."  I find this usually not to be the case!"  (Emphasis
added.)

[F. M.]  If you really mean: "I find this usually not to be the case", then I
would interpret what you are saying is the FEMA publications "ARE  NOT  THE
CONCENSUS OF THE ENGINEERING PROFESSION."  If this interpretation is what you
are trying to say, then what is FEMA doing putting out publications, in
bright yellow covers, that do not represent the CONCENSUS OF THE ENGINEERING
PROFESSION.

[F.M.]  I will not respond to Williston "Bill" L. Warren, IV - S.E. May 23,
1999, `12:06:11 PM, Pacific Daylight Time posting in my current reply to you.
 I will leave that reply to a special posting summarizing some of the
weaknesses and problem areas in FEMA 273/274 that, in my judgment, should
have been identified and resolved before FEMA 273/274 and 310 - A
Prestandard were issued in their bright yellow covers, which make these
provisions look very official.

Frank E. McClure      FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com    May 24, 1999