Re: NCEES Registration

By and large, you are correct.  There are exceptions to this general rule,
though.  For example, Texas does not care for NCEES record.  At least, that
is what the Board's Chief (Whatever his designation) told me over the phone a
year or two back.  Nor does the Texas Board trust record available in any
other state of registration.  I am registered in Oklahoma - registered
through the PE and FE examinations.  I came from India and considering the
difficulties and time delays involved in obtaining transcripts from the
colleges I was at, 25 to 30 years ago, I suggested to Texas Board to get
those documents from Oklahoma Board.  Texas Board refused.  Here is the best
part.  I took master's degree from University of Oklahoma on the basis of GRE
and TOEFL examination and, I have been practicing as a registered P.E. since
1990.  However, Texas Board requires that either I take TOEFL examination
again or produce written documents to prove that I am proficient in english
language!!!

All that to say that while NCEES record is accepted by several states there
are still some states that considers themslves to be above the rest.

Rajendran, P.E.
Bartlesville, OK