RE: Thread Locking

There are several design criteria that you should address for this
application:

If the environment in which the eyebar-pin component is corrosive or exposed
to the elements this may induce "corrosion pack-out"    This phenomina
occurs when the eyebars corrode to the extent that  the "rust" pushes the
eyebars off the pin.    Several bridge failures have been traced to this
mechanism.

Using a "cotter pin" made from a non-corrosive material might be a viable
solution.    Galvanizing might be another.

Peter  De Vere
JSC, Houston, Texas