RE: Thread Locking

Two other options that I can offer: use an additional jamb nut (a thinner
nut that gets tightened against the usual nut) and a locking nut (nut that
has been fitted with some special feature that locks it to the threads,
usually mechanically). If you're looking at an existing assembly, though,
these suggestions may not be practical.

Charlie