From: Fredericks, Douglas/SAC [mailto:DFreder1(--nospam--at)CH2M.com]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 1999 3:22 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Thread Locking

Any thoughts on good ways to lock up threads?

I have some steel eyebars packed on a pin with recessed pin nuts holding
them in place.  The pins are about 3" in diameter and they are exposed to
weather.  I don't want the nuts to loosen, of course.  The options I can
think of are thread-lock compound, tack-welding, and burring the threads
mechanically.

Is there a reliable thread-lock compound (besides rust)?